A Better Photography Experience
I AM MAKING A FEW CHANGES
I’ve recently realized that I could be doing much more for you as valued clients during the photography ordering process. We spend so much time planning your shoot by helping you decide what clothes to wear, choosing the perfect location and showing you how to pose that it seems such a shame to just send you on your way once we send you a link to your photos.
I have decided to take my services to the next level by offering you more guidance and assistance after your shoot. We will be personalizing our ordering experience by helping you select the best photos to print, what size canvas you should order and where to display your photos.
Don’t worry ! This does not meet a drastic increase in prices, or that you can no longer get your digital images on a USB. It only means that you will have the opportunity to have your professional photography images professionally printed.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AS A CUSTOMER?
- Our pricing structure will be changing slightly. Your session fee will be separate to package costs.
- I will be dedicating more time to my customers. This means that I will be booking fewer photography sessions in order to spend more time with my clients to create a truly unique end product.
- The ordering process will be customized. You can elect for an in-person ordering session at the studio, with proof prints and the ability to see all of the professionally printed products I offer. The needs of our customers are all different and we would like to give everyone the best possible experience with our studio. If you would like to view your images online, that will still be an option.
WHY I AM PERSONALIZING THE PROCESS
- You deserve a more personalized experience with my studio because photography is personal.
- Professional photographer services should extend beyond the shoot. I want to advise you on the best place to display your photos and how you should be displaying them.
- Choosing photos can be a confusing and sometimes daunting task. We want to be able to guide you on which images to print and what paper, products, and finishes will give you the best results.
- I want to ensure that are aware of and are taking full advantage of all the options available to you.
- I know that a personal touch and good service leads to greater customer satisfaction.
- It can sometimes be difficult to visualize what canvas prints of varying sizes would look like, which is why we would prefer to show it to you in person and make it easier for you to decide what you want.
- Lastly, you are investing in professional photography. Make sure your pictures are printed professionally. I recently was at a client’s home and was heartbroken when I saw one of her images printed at a local drugstore lab and how off the colors were. Her family looked green!
WHAT TO EXPECT MOVING FORWARD
The new ordering sessions can last approximately 1 hour, so it’s best to eliminate as many distractions as possible. This might mean hiring a sitter for your children so that you can fully focus on the photography ordering process. Since time is a precious commodity, we would also request that all parties who would like to be involved in the photo viewing and selection process are present at the appointment.
During the ordering session, I will have samples of our products on hand, including albums, metal prints and more so that you can see and touch the products as opposed to only seeing photos of it in our magazine.
I will also have comparison prints of professionally printed images and discount store print labs. It is amazing to see the differences in person.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
In studio viewing sessions:
- You will see the images from your session as proofs. This allows you to physically see the pictures. This is a better viewing process since all monitors are different and colors will vary unless they are regularly calibrated.
- After viewing the proofs, I’ll take you through my selection of products and explain the various options to you.
- Then the fun begins and you can start choosing your favorite images. I’ll even show you a few mockups of wall displays in order to give you a better idea of the end result. If wall art isn’t your thing, I will help you with album selection prints or other items. This part of the process is all about picking out the products that best fit in with your style, décor and budget.
- Lastly, we will look at pricing and make a final decision. In studio viewing sessions include a discount on any prints or products ordered that day.
Online viewing sessions:
- If you opt for an online gallery, you will receive a print product guide. This will walk you though product options and prices.
- We can also set up a video chat conference to view the images together and discuss product options.
- You can order directly through your gallery.
I know this is a big change to those that have been with me for years, or even a short time. I assure you, I am not increasing prices. The session fee and digital files options are very similar to previous packages that were all inclusive. I am only looking at better serving my clients, and offering professional prints and products to enhance the professional photography session you have invested in.
I look forward to working with you to better meet your photography needs!